Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
GovLoop Austin GovUp
Thursday, March 22, 2012 from 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM (CDT)
Get Your Gov On, Austin!
Every wonder if you're the only one dealing with a specific work issue?
Do you like to talk through challenges and ideas with people in your shoes?
Interested in discussing, learning, sharing government's tech trends in 2012?
Join GovLoop and fellow government Austinites as we talk through a few gov related hot tech trends and issues, share ideas and give one another a pat on the back!
During this GovUp (a MeetUp for Government Employees) we will take some time to hear from local govies, listen to their stories and brainstorm solutions as a group.
Don't worry, this isn't meant to be work, after work. This is truly a fun, casual environment to really get the creative juices flowing and help eachother out!
Here is the scoop:
There are two things happening back-to-back; an educational session and a networking session...you can attend either or both at your leisure.
Afternoon Educational Session:
2012 Tech Trends in Gov - Mobile, Social, Cloud...Oh My!
2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Roundtable session with panelists:
- Jon Lee, e-gov Business Analyst, Texas Department of Information Resources
- Angela Newell, Research and Strategy Management Coordinator, Information Technology Services, The University of Texas at Austin
- Steven Polunsky, Director of the Texas Senate Committee on Business and Commerce
- Larry Schooler, Community Engagement Mediator, City of Austin
- Steve Ressler, Founder, GovLoop (moderator)
During this informative afternoon session, we'll dive into 2012's top tech trends in government (mobile, social, cloud), how they apply to Austin and discuss how we can collectively better integrate these solutions to enhance and improve your government lives.
We will discuss examples and best practices while providing time to answer your specific questions and engage amongst your peers.
The educational session is sponsored by the GovLoop Tech Council and Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR). DIR will award 2 hours of continuing education credits for the educational session attendees/participants.
The Networking Session:
GovUp and Go!
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Rub elbows with other government Austinites and meet someone new. It's never a bad thing to expand your network, you never know where your connections can take you!
We know it's tough to think about doing anything after work..so here is what is in it for you:
- Listen and learn from people in your shoes, working in the trenches and doing awesome things.
- Provide solutions to other govies and develop mind power and creativity that you can apply to your own challenges and issues.
- Meet fellow govies; it can be therapeutic, enjoyable and great for advancement in your career.
- Did I mention you get free food and at least one drink (of your choice).
If you're still unsure, just give Megan a call (202.407.7408)...she'll let you know why you'd be a fool to miss out on such a great opportunity - plus...it's not everyday GovLoop is in Austin (though she'd argue that we should be).
When & Where
GovLoop is the premier online community connecting over 60,000 public sector professionals. The community is a dedicated space for people in and around government to connect with peers, collaborate on projects and advance their careers.